Monday, September 9, 2013

A Special Motivational Monday: Dana's Secret

Written by Dana R. Arevalo 

"Impossible is Nothing" ~ Nike

Ugh! Gasp! Sigh... I am so frustrated with myself.  Last year around this time I was in the best shape of my life and I sit here now and sulk because I allowed myself to fall off of my fitness path.  Lose sight of my direction.  From March until now I gained a significant amount of weight.  How? By not watching my diet and even worse....not exercising.   

When it's time to jump back into the game I give myself a million and one excuses. Over thinking freezes me in my tracks. In my mind words and thoughts leak out:  I will do it later! I will start Monday! One more bite won't kill me! You only live once!  Well all of these thoughts and excuses have built up and have caused me to "build up" fat. Where my stomach was almost flat I now have a "tummy".  I can't walk up a hill without stopping to catch my breath.   

I can go on forever but instead I rather focus on what to do to begin to change.  First and foremost I refuse to purchase any new clothes because that will only allow me the comfort to grow into them.  I don't want to be to tough on myself either because I know I will relapse from being to strict.  So how will I change?

1) Slow and steady wins the RACE.  Change things little by little.  For example, stop purchasing snacks that I tend to devour in one day.  

2) Remind myself CHANGE doesn't happen overnight.  I didn't gain weight overnight.  So results will come if one puts in the effort and has patience.   

3) Chose an activity that doesn't feel like work. I swear by this.  I've also said it before, do something you love and it will become an amazing fitness routine.  

4) Just Do It! No thinking and over thinking.  Wake up wash your face and get your a$$ outside.  I again, am going to start by walking.  Once one allows thyself to over think  results never happen.  

Who is with me?  

"I am determined to achieve lasting results", this my friends is going to be my MANTRA.  What's your MANTRA?

Thanks for stopping by Stay Tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment