Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Non-existent Fitness Routine



"Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday" ~ Don Marquis 

Written by Dana R. Arevalo 

Welcome.  It is the New Year (2014) therefore, you are probably expecting me to report wonderful changes and happenings with my fitness routine.  Problem is I am such a procrastinator, my fitness routine is non-existent.  Today, I do not entirely come with ALL bad news. I am disappointed in myself for the non-existent fitness routine but not completely, as I have been watching what I eat.  I believe with my eating habits in check when I kill procrastination and begin a fitness routine I will be on the right path to a killer body. You definitely cannot have one without the other; healthy eating works in conjunction with a healthy fitness routine.   

Let's take a minute to refocus on healthy eating. There is much controversy over what is more important diet vs exercise.  If you followed my writing in the past, you know, I hate the word "diet" as it reminds me of something that is unhealthy or forced.   If my child ever needed to lose weight, I would never mention or ask them to diet...I would say let's change our eating habits to "healthy eating" habits.  While I think healthy eating habits work in conjunction with a fitness routine, I think grasping the eating habits come first before the fitness routine. It may just be my preference, but I find changing both at the same time never works. I also feel it is more difficult to change eating habits than grasping a fitness routine and I am a firm believer in tackling harder steps first.  

Celebrity fitness trainer, Bob Harper, of the Biggest Loser, reports, "Diet is the MAIN factor when it comes to weight loss".  In the article he admits that he used to think differently.  Reality is, that no matter how much you exercise, if you eat poorly it eventually takes over.  Don't you agree?  

So, what do we do?  How do we change?  My suggestion is, complete one small task every day for the next 365 days!  Whether it be something for nutrition or fitness let's do it.  This will be the year that #365daysofhealthandfitness works for both you and I!  Let's make it as simple as waking up 20 minutes earlier than normal to fit in a power walk.  Don't think we have time? Let's make time!  

Oh, procrastination!  How do we kill it?  It is a work in progress. Here are some tips:
Beating Procrastination
Explore more infographics like this one on the web's largest information design community - Visually.

Report in with your ideas or progress!

Source:  
Can diet trump exercise in weight loss? (2013, August). Retrieved 1/14/2014, from http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/diet-trump-exercise-weight-loss-article-1.1430729

No comments:

Post a Comment