Thursday, August 22, 2013

I Get so Emotional


"You are what you eat" ~ A. Brillat-Savarin

By Dana R. Arevalo 


I stop and ask myself, what could it be? 
I do not crave vegetables, fruits, or proteins; am I truly hungry? 

I do not want water, nor fruit juice. 
I desire cookies, chocolate, and potato chips; without valid excuse. 

That is not hunger nor nutritious they say. 
I try to run from the kitchen pantry, and remind myself..'you did so well today'. 

I wrestle with emotions as I move to the couch. 
I'm quickly drawn back to the kitchen, I feel like a louse. 

I grab every tempting sweet that I can find. 
The fattening and unhealthy junk that Mom scolds, 'goes straight to your thighs and behind'. 

At this point I feel as if I do not care. 
Chocolate all over my hands and face, please do not stare. 

'I get so emotional' when it comes to food. 
Emotional eating is comforting, secure; it performs miracles to grumpy moods. 

Emotional eating is solely a temporary fix. 
It can be helped if one is willing and able to listen and follow some tips. 

Begin a food diary, it will pose as a good friend. 
The food diary will help determine your triggers and put emotional eating to an end. 

Do not purchase 'junk' from the store. 
Slowly change your eating habits to form a body and healthy nutrition methods to adore. 

Thoughts of 'hunger' must be replaced. 
Find positive activities in order to keep chocolate off your face.


**This poem was written for the 365 Days of Health and Fitness readers!  I also published it on Yahoo Voices:  I Get so Emotional 

No comments:

Post a Comment